John F. Whelan joined the firm as an associate in 2016. His work has focused on commercial litigation. While in law school, Mr. Whelan was a student intern at Cardozo Bet Tzedek Legal Services, a year-long in-house clinic, where he provided pro-bono civil representation to the elderly and disabled. He also interned at the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor and at the Office of the District Attorney, Queens County.
Mr. Whelan received his B.A. summa cum laude from St. Francis College in 2012, where he was the Valedictorian. He received his J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 2015.
HIS REPRESENTATIONS HAVE INCLUDED:
- Representing a German bank defrauded by US investment banks;
- Representing a German bank in breach of contract actions against the trustees of various RMBS trusts;
HIS NOT-FOR-PROFIT REPRESENTATIONS HAVE INCLUDED:
- Representing an elderly consumer defrauded by a bank employee;
- Representing an employee terminated because of her age and gender;
- Drafting and executing a Last Will and Testament.