Angela Li focuses her practice primarily on white-collar criminal defense and complex civil litigation in both state and federal courts.
In her criminal practice, Angela has represented individuals in both state and federal investigations, mainly involving wire and mail fraud, obstruction of justice, various state crimes, and regulatory and compliance matters. She has worked with both individual and corporate clients on matters related to sexual harassment and discrimination under federal, state, and local laws, including gender-based and age-based claims.
In her civil practice, Angela has represented corporate clients in actions involving breach of contract claims, commercial lease disputes, and complex financial transactions. She has experience in all areas of pre-litigation, including overseeing discovery; resolving complex, large-scale, electronic discovery issues; working with experts and witnesses to prepare for their sworn testimony; and writing briefs or motions at all stages of litigation.
“I bring my experience and knowledge of both criminal and complex civil matters to the table. There is often a nuanced overlap between the two realms. Having a comprehensive understanding of both allows me to go the extra mile for clients in either situation.”
Before joining as an associate, Angela worked with the firm as a law clerk during her final year of law school. During that time, she worked on matters involving SEC regulatory violations, civil RICO allegations, U.S. Coast Guard investigations, and federal sentencing.
While in law school, Angela was a senior editor for the Alternative Dispute Resolution Competition Honor Society, where her team won second place overall in Attorney-Client Advocacy in the INADR International Law School Mediation Tournament in Chicago. She was also a legal intern in the Criminal Appeals Clinic, where she represented an incarcerated client on appeal and argued the case before the Appellate Division, First Department.
- Represented individual witnesses and targets in state and federal criminal investigations involving wire and mail fraud, conspiracy, obstruction of justice, embezzlement, money laundering, tax evasion, , and/or state crimes of assault, larceny, and harassment.
- Successfully negotiated non-jail sentences for individuals in federal prosecutions involving false statements, bribery, and extortion.
- Represented individuals and corporations in state civil actions involving fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and contract claims.
- Second Place in Attorney-Client Advocacy in the 2018 INADR International Law School Meditation Tournament in Chicago
- Coach for Competitor Placing 3rd Place Overall as Individual Mediator in the 2019 INADR International Law School Meditation Tournament in Athens, Greece
- New York State Bar Association
- McInerney Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association
“I always advocate with my clients’ best interests in mind.”