“We develop relationships with clients by offering wise counsel grounded in legal expertise, practical experience, and sound judgment. We strive to understand our clients’ businesses and goals and help navigate to solutions that allow their business to thrive."
General Counsel Services
As business advisors, we regularly work as outside counsel to family-businesses, closely held companies, not-for-profit organizations, Boards of Directors and C-Suite executives on governance and operational issues across a wide range of industries from technology, transportation, real estate and hospitality to educational and arts institutions, civil society groups, and 501(c)(3) organizations.
We partner with clients to anticipate problems and provide critical advice at each stage of their business’ life cycle. From business formation to dissolution and everything in between, we work with clients on the wide range of legal issues that arise in the course of operating a business, including but not limited to:
- Business formation (corporate and non-profit)
- Creation and structuring of investment vehicles and private placements
- Obtaining tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Drafting and reviewing business and employment contracts
- SaaS and Licensing agreements
- Regulatory compliance
- Trademark applications and defense
- Employment and workplace issues, including human resources and Covid-19 policies, classification of employees versus independent contractors, harassment and discrimination, and independent internal investigations
- Corporate governance for businesses and non-profits
- Crisis management
- Business Divorce
We advise clients regarding business combinations and the purchase and sale of companies, with special emphasis on the purchase and sale of small to mid-size businesses. We shepherd transactions from the first idea to final closing, providing strategic and legal advice to protect and advance our clients’ interests and guard against future disputes.
We represent individuals and entities involved in all aspects of purchase and sale transactions, including:
- Buyers and sellers
- Hedge funds and venture capital firms
- Regional franchisors
- Investment groups engaged in bank financing
- Insurance professionals