Channing Turner’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, arbitration, bankruptcy, and financial regulatory compliance and investigations. Best Lawyers designated Channing in its 2021 “Ones to Watch” list of attorneys with outstanding professional experience.
Before joining Schlam Stone & Dolan, LLP, Channing practiced at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr, LLP, where he successfully represented a broad range of national and international financial institutions and companies in federal and state courts and before industry regulators.
Channing completed a federal judicial clerkship with the Hon. William B. Shubb in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
- Successful defense of a mutual-fund investment advisor in federal district court that resulted in pretrial voluntary dismissal of plaintiff’s claims without financial or other compensation;
- Representation of a national commercial bank in dismissing or favorably settling a series of federal-court actions brought by customers asserting claims under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and Telephone Consumer Protection Act;
- Successful representation of a Fortune 100 commercial bank in AAA arbitration hearing against a customer asserting debt-collection-related claims that resulted in judgment for the bank without financial or other compensation;
- Representation of an international investment bank in litigating and settling a series of FINRA arbitration hearings against claimants asserting suitability, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims;
- Representation of a Fortune 100 investment company in responding to regulatory requests from the U.S. Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, New York Office of the Attorney General, New York Department of Financial Services, and others;
- Representation of the broker-dealer division of a prominent financial technology and services company in responding to requests from the Securities and Exchange Commission;
- Representation of an international investment bank in connection with whistleblower complaints regarding alleged sharing of material nonpublic information and insider trading;
- Representation of a consumer healthcare manufacturer’s response to regulators in connection with inquiry into revenue recognition and other accounting practices.
- Selected to Best Lawyers® "Ones to Watch" list, 2021