Ron focuses his practice on white collar criminal defense and governmental investigations. He represents individuals and business entities who are the subject of investigations and/or prosecutions by a variety of governmental authorities, including the United States Attorney’s Offices, New York State Attorney General’s Office, and offices of the many other prosecutors in New York State and City.
As a member of the New York City Bar Association, Ron has served on numerous standing and ad hoc committees, most recently completing a three-year term on the Committee on Criminal Advocacy. He is a founding member of the Board of Directors of the New York Council of Criminal Defense Lawyers and a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the New York State Bar Association. Ronald appears regularly as a commentator on criminal trials on Court TV.
Ron served as a member of the Mayor’s Advisory Committee on the Judiciary from 1988 to 1994, where he helped recruit and evaluate candidates for appointment to courts for which the mayor has appointive authority.
Before joining Schlam Stone, Ron practiced with Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett and served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, including as Chief of the Official Corruption/Special Prosecution Section. Ron subsequently served as First Deputy Commissioner of the New York City Department of Investigation, where he was responsible for both the day-to-day operations of the agency and the city-wide Inspectors General program. He left government service in 1983 and resumed private practice as a criminal defense lawyer.
Ronald has also served as an adjunct professor of trial advocacy at Brooklyn Law School.
- Selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers® list for Criminal Defense: White Collar 2013 - 2014, 2016 - 2022
- Selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers® list for Criminal Defense, 2013 - 2014, 2016 - 2022
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Committee on Criminal Advocacy
- Founding Member of the Board of Directors of the New York Council of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The New York State Bar Association
- Mayor’s Advisory Committee on the Judiciary
“While I cannot eliminate the stress my clients must deal with, I can assure them that I will use my lifetime of legal experience on both sides of the criminal justice process to minimize the impact the government’s actions will have on them. I can assure them that no one will do a better job protecting them in every way the law allows.”