Jessica has over a decade of experience litigating complex civil and commercial disputes in both state and federal court. She is highly skilled in all phases of litigation, from pre-claim investigation through appeal, including managing discovery, taking and defending depositions, writing and arguing motions, and putting up and crossing witnesses at trial. Prior to joining Schlam Stone & Dolan, Jessica was an associate with Arnold & Porter LLP for more than eight years, and clerked for the Honorable Theodore A. McKee, then-Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Since joining Schlam Stone & Dolan, Jessica has served as lead counsel in a number of high-profile and high-stakes matters, including an arbitration hearing which spanned the course of six months, and which resulted in a favorable result for the Firm’s client.
While at Arnold & Porter, Jessica gained experience in complex commercial litigation, products liability litigation, and white-collar matters. Jessica represented major pharmaceutical companies in defending against personal injury and Attorney General claims in state and federal courts. She also counseled companies in issues arising under the False Claims Act, including responding to government investigations.
While Jessica approaches her matters constructively, she is aggressive when appropriate and passionate about winning on her clients’ behalf.
Prior to law school, Jessica enjoyed a career as a recording artist based in Los Angeles.
Glorious Bastards: The Legal and Civil Birthright of Adoptees to Access their Medical Records in Search of Genetic Identity, Syracuse Law Review, 2010, Article Link
- Representing a renowned artist in an insurance dispute involving millions of dollars’ worth of artwork;
- Representing client as lead counsel in an ongoing arbitration proceeding;
- Representing a prominent international businessman in a civil asset forfeiture action in the Central District of California;
- Representing innovative medical diagnostics company in ongoing litigation in both state and federal court in New York;
- Representing event ticketing company in an active fraud case in the Commercial Division of New York State Supreme Court, including the taking and defending of over a dozen depositions;
- Represented a major financial services company in fraudulent transfer litigation in the Southern District of New York;
- Represented Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi as counsel in Plavix litigation and other prescription drug litigation matters in state and federal courts nationwide;
- Represented notable real estate design and consulting company in RICO action against major real estate firm in the Southern District of New York, and assisting in a favorable settlement on the eve of trial;
- Represented one of the nation’s largest government contractors in a Medicaid False Claims Act qui tam investigation and subsequent litigation in the Southern District of New York;
- Represented a major New York area community hospital in a political and health care fraud investigation conducted by the United States Attorney’s office for the Eastern District of New York.
- Wrote winning motion in the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court to disqualify law firm in $65 million fraud case involving a high profile real estate development company; Read more>>
- Wrote and argued winning motion to dismiss a case brought in California State Court alleging fraud and breach of contract against high-profile Hollywood executive involving a well-known movie franchise;
- Wrote winning motion to dismiss client from fraud case brought in the Southern District of California on subject matter jurisdiction grounds;
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of energy engineer specialist in a breach of contract dispute against multinational investment banking institution;
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlement in conversion action on behalf of clients in New York State Supreme Court.
- Selected to Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch"® list, 2022-2023
- Winner of the 2011 Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing
- Member of the Entertainment Committee for the New York City Bar Association
- Member of the Entertainment Committee for the American Inns of Court
“I think it’s important to connect with clients individually, to recognize what they need, where they want to go, and then develop a strategy that enables them to get there.”