Mary W. Anderson joined the firm of counsel in 2007. Her corporate practice is concentrated on advising clients on merger and acquisition matters. Before becoming Of Counsel to the firm, Ms. Anderson held a number of business and in-house legal positions, principally in the broadcast, satellite, cable and Internet industries. Ms. Anderson has negotiated many communications-related agreements, and while at the Firm she has worked on numerous acquisitions and divestitures by closely-held companies as well as numerous commercial leases.
HER TRANSACTIONS HAVE INCLUDED:
- Mergers and acquisitions and asset-purchase agreements for closely-held companies;
- Operating Agreements and Shareholders Agreements for closely-held companies;
- Structuring of acquisition transactions;
- Satellite licensing agreements, representing both the satellite licensor and the cable service licensee;
- Cable distribution agreements, representing both cable companies and content producers or cable services;
- Joint ventures among cable companies and content providers with parties from England, Hong Kong, India, and Japan.
Ms. Anderson received her B.A., summa cum laude, from Williams College in 1972, her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1976 and her M.B.A. in Finance, with distinction, from the New York University Stern School of Business in 1990. From 1972 through 1973, Ms. Anderson did independent study abroad in Greece, Italy, Scandinavia, and Ireland as a Thomas J. Watson Fellow. Ms. Anderson began her legal career at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in 1976 as an associate practicing securities and general corporate law. From 1979 to 1982, Ms. Anderson was an Associate Counsel at Home Box Office and Time Life Films. From 1982 to 1986, Ms. Anderson was employed by Westinghouse Broadcasting and Cable, Inc. in a variety of positions, including Vice President and Assistant General Counsel for Group W Cable, Inc. From 1987 to 1991, Ms. Anderson ran her own legal and business consulting business, primarily representing communications companies. From 1991 to 1998, Ms. Anderson was employed by NBC in a variety of legal and business positions, including Vice President, Business Development for NBC Cable & Business Development, and General Counsel for NBC Europe and CNBC Europe. After leaving NBC, Ms. Anderson again worked as a consultant to communications companies, briefly serving as the Vice President and General Counsel of Clearcross, Inc. In 2004, Ms. Anderson joined Fox Horan & Camerini LLP where she focused on corporate matters.