Her representations include:
Financial and Commercial Litigation
- Obtained award in FINRA arbitration on behalf of bankruptcy litigation trustee asserting claims of institutional customer, a start-up satellite company, for securities fraud and other torts arising out of purchase of auction rate securities by cash management group of major investment bank;
- Represented large public company in FINRA arbitrations alleging unsuitability, fraud, and other torts arising out of investment banks' purchase of CDO-backed and other structured auction rate securities;
- Currently defending one of Mexico's largest sugar companies in Southern District of New York against indemnification claims arising out of bond indenture;
- Currently representing minority partner in series of disputes in New York State Supreme Court over management and assets of local real estate partnerships;
- Defended global generic pharmaceutical maker in Vermont state court against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition;
- Represented group of hedge funds in Southern District of New York action alleging violation of anti-dilution rights arising out of PIPE transaction.
Government Litigation and Appeals
- Currently defending closely held internet retailer in False Claims Act action in Eastern District of New York against claims by United States for alleged underpayment of postage on customer mailings;
- Represented large medical practice in parallel criminal and civil fraud investigation in Southern District of New York;
- Prevailed in New York State Supreme Court Article 78 proceeding and First Department appeal under Freedom of Information Law brought on behalf of independent journalist seeking emails between Mayor Bloomberg's Office and former Schools Chancellor Cathie Black relating to efforts to build support for Black's nomination to the post;
- Represented internet blogger in Second Circuit appeal of conviction, on First Amendment and other grounds, for allegedly threatening federal appeals court judges by harshly criticizing judges' constitutional ruling in a blog posting;
- Won bid protest before New York State Comptroller's Office that challenged award of contract by Office of Medicaid Inspector General, resulting in Comptroller's Office setting aside contract award.
Elizabeth blogs about decisions of interest from the Eastern District of New York (you can find her at ednyblog.com), and is a member of the Federal Bar Council, the New York State Bar Association, and the New York State Intellectual Property Lawyers Association. She received her B.A. from Yale University in 1987, magna cum laude, and her J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1993, cum laude. At Harvard, she was an editor of the Harvard Law Review. Following law school, Ms. Wolstein clerked for the Honorable James B. Loken of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. She has also practiced with Kobre & Kim LLP, Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP, and Lankler Siffert & Wohl LLP.