Solomon N. Klein joined the firm as a partner in 2017. He has over 15 years of experience handling complex commercial litigation and appeals in federal and state courts. Mr. Klein’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, appellate practice, real estate litigation, criminal and internal investigations, consumer protection actions and securities litigation.
HIS LITIGATION MATTERS HAVE INCLUDED
- Successfully moved to dismiss a broker’s action in New York Supreme Court Commercial Division seeking commission relating to the marketing of the Beekman Tower. (Kassin Sabbagh Realty LLC v. Beekman Tower Assoc. LLC, 2016 NY Slip Op. 32371(U)).
- Obtained favorable resolution and defended client against lawsuit brought by the Bank of Montreal claiming damages of hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Successfully defended an appeal before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals relating to $3 million dispute regarding commercial and real estate loans.
- Represented a defendant in both civil and criminal actions relating to options backdating claims at a publicly traded company.
- Successfully recovered damages in securities arbitration against a national brokerage firm for conversion of client funds.
- Represented prisoners in a federal class action that resulted in a nationwide policy change providing prisoners access to religious books.
- Represented individuals and negotiated favorable resolutions on behalf of clients in a number of corporate internal investigations and criminal investigations.
- Represented hedge funds in various employment disputes with fund managers.
- Worked on a number of shareholder actions and arbitrations arising out of the collapse of Enron, WorldCom, and Parmalat.
Mr. Klein received his B.A. from Beth Medrash Gevoha in 1992, and his J.D. from the Fordham University School of Law, cum laude, in 2000, where he was an editor on the Fordham Urban Law Journal. From 2002 to 2003, he clerked for the Honorable David G. Trager of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Klein practiced at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and at the Law Office of Solomon N. Klein.